There are many reasons why some people opt out of social media in maintaining an active online presence for their real estate pages. These individuals have the opinion that social media is:
- Complicated to use
What they don’t realise is that these are all false, and by choosing to make excuses instead of joining the bandwagon, they are missing out on all the benefits social media has in store for their business.
Consumers who are on the lookout for residential or commercial property turn to the social media pages of real estate agents, together with their websites, in order to find out more about their offered services and to discover whether they would be the right agent to work with or not.
By using social media, real estate agents will have the perfect platform for showcasing their skills and sharing useful information potential clients can use as references. Not only will this help users have greater confidence in the agent, it will also help develop trust. What’s more, with an automated social media manager, social media is not time-consuming at all. Posts can be created in advance and scheduled to go out at a specified time. That way, the page will be kept updated and fresh without the need for constant manual updating.
Also, it is not necessary for real estate agents to be on every social media site there is. After all, staying active and maintaining engagement on some of the most popular ones, like Facebook and Twitter, is far more beneficial.
Here are a few tips on what to post to get visitors excited about a real estate agent’s profile and agency.
- Make real estate listing posts interactive – show off the local area and get the locals involved by starting polls and getting feedback about the different establishments in the city. That way, visitors will likely stop and interact instead of just skim though the page.
- Feature client profiles – with their permission, post photos of clients and tell their respective stories. This will show how the agent or the agency was able to help them and what they can say about the service.
- Publicise local event involvement – it could be an event organised by the real estate agent or an agency. Showing involvement in the community will send out a more personal message about the brand and the service.
- Provide useful property tips – help clients with their research by providing advice on selecting real estate, moving residences, first-time buyers, etc. this will help land more visitors as the page becomes a resource for all real estate needs.
- Post relevant news articles – keep users updated with the latest happenings in the real estate world by posting industry news as they happen. These could be as simple as links to articles, video interviews with experts, or opinion pieces.
- Make interesting inforgraphics – people love infographics. They are easier and more entertaining to read. They are also frequently shared on social media and are more likely to go viral than a text-heavy article.
- Host contests – one of the easiest ways to capture users’ attention is to host contests. Partner up with local businesses in the community for unique offers such as coupons, gift baskets, and other small giveaways. It is an excellent way to boost publicity and excite visitors.
- Create visual content – visual content such as photos and videos tend to pull in more visitors as they are more attention-grabbing. It takes more work, but visitors usually prefer watching videos or seeing graphics rather than just looking at plain text.
And finally, a useful tip worth mentioning when it comes to social media engagement is to be responsive and interactive. People are more likely to take to a Victoria Property Broker wholikes, shares, retweets, and responds to comments. This boosts visibility and shows greater involvement in the online community.
Credit image: Rosaura Ochoa