Winter can be quite a gloomy season, which is why many homeowners struggle to come up with ways to brighten up their homes. If you find yourself in the same dilemma, never fear. It doesn’t have to be winter for you to give your home a much-needed makeover.
Note: it does not have to be costly either!
Here’s how you can move your home from drab to fab.
- Bigger windows – and we don’t mean physically expanding your windows at home, but simply creating the illusion of it. How? Extend curtain rods some inches past the window frame on each side. Not only will your windows look bigger, but when you draw your curtains back, they will not be blocking any light coming in from the outside.
- Brighter bulbs – swap those yellow light bulbs with bright white ones to make any space look much lighter and fresher. Choose the whitest glow that will illuminate your home and give it a clean, crisp ambience.
- Lighter paint colours – renewing the walls with a lighter paint colour will give it a nice brighter feel. Apart from white, soft neutrals like light yellow, pale gray, and cream work just as well.
- Cleaner dust-free fixtures – an accumulation of dust can instantly make a place feel dark (not to mention dirty). Cleaning fixtures and getting rid of months and months’ worth of dust can instantly brighten up a home.
- Shinier screens (or none at all) – it is also important to keep screens clean and free of dirt and other particles. However, if conditions permit, it is also a great idea to remove them altogether. You can always put them back when summer comes.
What other space-brightening ideas can you think of? Share them with us and sound off in the comments section below.