Too early to plan a New Year’s Eve party? Think again. Instead of looking for a place where you can celebrate with your loved ones, why not host a party at your place?
House parties are great for get-togethers. They provide a cosy atmosphere, and are cost-efficient too. There are many ways to make house parties fun and entertaining. But the first, and most important element to consider is the look of your house itself. Here are some ways to glam it up at home in time for New Year’s Eve.
- Clean. If you haven’t started getting rid of clutter around the house, now is the best time to begin. Busy schedule? No worries! Simply create a checklist of the areas you need to sort out and devote half an hour of your time each day to one of them. You will be done with all the rooms in no time.
- Reuse. Repurpose. Recycle. Before throwing whatever stuff you gathered out of your cleaning spree, think about whether you might have another use for them. For instance, you could take old jars and turn them into accent pieces by putting pebbles or scented candles in them. Let your creative juices flow and transform the old into something new.
- Invest in the right pieces. After you have sorted everything out, make new additions that would add a splash of colour and excitement to your space. Depending on the mood you are going for, choose functional pieces that match the theme of your space. This will help turn your home into a cheerful and accommodating place that’s perfect for both parties and lazy Sunday afternoons.
- Decorate. Once you have decided on a theme, work with it. Pay attention to detail, such as the throw pillows on the couch, window finishes, and even the walls. If you have bare walls and you don’t have any paintings to display, go for picture frames that don’t necessarily have to contain photos. You could put an elegant wrapper, quotes, or other inspiring images in them.
- Guest/Childproof. Many homeowners are more worried about the after-party than the party itself – and with good reason!No one wants to get stuck with a whole bunch of mess, broken or damaged furniture, and stains that won’t come off. To avoid this, prepare and anticipate any issues that may arise ahead of time.
Before the date of the party, make sure you have kept the items you don’t want your guests (or the children) to touch or see. Purchase trash bags and table covers that would make clean up a breeze. You might also want to purchase special tableware, or simple paper plates and plastic cups for the occasion if you are worried about your china getting damaged.
At the end of the day, it all depends on the kind of party you’re throwing. It can be anything from a simple barbie with neighbours to a fancy dinner party with your closest family and friends – whatever you decide, make sure to take the steps needed to make your home party-worthy before the big day comes.
Gearing up for the holidays can also help add more value to your home. Have a Residential Property Broker Victoria make an assessment of your place to find out what sort of renovations you can make to increase your home’s value in the market. It’s a great project to help you steer your 2015 in the right direction.